Food safety supervisor course for tuckshops & canteens
We offer face to face food safety supervisor courses.
Our Food Safety Supervisor Course for tuckshops and canteens:
- Meets the requirements of Nationally Recognised Training
- Prepares Food Safety Supervisors to supervise and oversee day to day operations and to prevent and recognise food safety hazards
- Is specifically designed for those working in school tuckshops and sports club canteens
Participants who successfully complete this course should be able to:
- Implement safe food handling practices in the canteen/ tuckshop.
- Identify potential food safety hazards in the canteen/ tuckshop.
- Manage strategies to prevent, control and eliminate food safety hazards in the canteen/ tuckshop.
- Monitor food safety practices in the canteen/ tuckshop.
Our course is designed for those working in tuckshop and canteen settings. Topics include:
- Legislation requirements
- Food safety principles
- Identifying and controlling hazards
- Applying corrective actions
- Food safety programs
We provide opportunities for students to complete the course and all assessment in one day at face-to-face training, with no take home assignments.
RTO Number: 110074
This course is delivered by our Third Party Provider – The Queensland Association of School Tuckshops (QAST).
Please visit their website for more information
On successful completion, participants receive a Statement of Attainment for:
- SITXFSA001 – Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002 – Participate in safe food handling practices
These units of competency form the Food Safety Supervision skill set.
For more information about recognition as a Food Safety Supervisor in New South Wales, please review the information available on the NSW Food Authority website – http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/rp/fss-food-safety-supervisors.