Nutrition Workshop for Families
Would the families of children in your care value and benefit from some healthy eating tips and advice?
This interactive session is specifically designed for parents of children aged 0-5 years. It covers the latest nutrition information, research and guidelines, plus practical tips to develop healthy eating practices in children from an early age.
- Dietary requirements for children under 5 years
- Food groups
- Serve sizes
- Required serves per day
- Fussy eating
- Understanding food labels
- Allergies and intolerance
- Meal and lunchbox ideas
- Price comparisons of healthy vs less healthy meal and snack choices
- Introducing children to cooking
- Understanding taste and texture