Meeting Nutrition and Food Safety Requirements in OSHC
This interactive and informative session aligns with the National Quality Standard, My Time Our Place Framework and the Smart Choices Strategy. It is a great session for all educators to complete.
It is designed to raise awareness and understanding of nutrition and food safety in OSHC settings and is perfect to include on your quality improvement plan.
- Dietary requirements for children
- Food groups
- Serve sizes
- Required serves per day
- The Smart Choices strategy
- Understanding food labels
- Allergies and intolerance
- Controlling bacteria
- Food safety hazards
- Maintaining personal hygiene
- Keeping the food environment clean
- Food safety at all stages
This session is specifically designed for educators working in OSHC settings that provide food for children.