Meeting Nutrition Requirements
This informative nutrition session aligns with the National Quality Standard and Early Years Learning Framework and is perfect to include in your quality improvement plan.
It is designed to raise awareness and understanding of the current healthy eating guidelines and nutrition requirements for young children
- Get Up & Grow Healthy Eating Guidelines
- Dietary requirements for children under 5 years
- Food groups
- Serve sizes
- Required serves per day
- Price comparisons of healthy vs less healthy meal and snack choices
- Understanding food labels
- Allergies and intolerance
This session is specifically designed for educators working in early childhood settings that either provide food for children or where parents provide food.