Meeting Nutrition and Food Safety Requirements
This interactive and informative session aligns with the National Quality Standard and Early Years Learning Framework and is a great session for all educators to complete.
It is designed to raise awareness and understanding of nutrition and food safety in early childhood settings and is perfect to include on your quality improvement plan.
- Get Up & Grow Healthy Eating Guidelines
- Dietary requirements for children under 5 years
- Food groups
- Serve sizes
- Required serves per day
- Price comparisons
- Food labelling
- Allergies and intolerance
- Controlling bacteria
- Food safety hazards
- Maintaining personal hygiene
- Keeping the food environment clean
- Food Safety at all stages:
This session is specifically designed for educators working in early childhood settings that either provide food for children or where parents provide food.