Nutrition Hot Topics for Aged Care: Dementia & Wound Care
NAQ Nutrition’s ‘hot topic’ seminars and workshops provide up to date, current evidence-based information and address emerging nutrition related issues experienced in the aged care setting.
Two of our popular ‘hot topic’ seminars include:
1) dementia and the use of finger foods
2) the role of nutrition in wound care.
1) Nutrition and Dementia
NAQ Nutrition’s ‘Nutrition and Dementia’ seminar outlines the importance of understanding dementia and how quality care, nursing and foodservice staff can greatly impact residents overall nutrition and hydration.
Participants will develop and enhance their knowledge, skill and confidence in:
- the importance and benefit of utilising finger foods for residents with dementia
- the preparation of an appropriate finger food menu
- maintenance of resident independence
- maintenance of fine motor skills
- maintenance of nutritional status and meal/food compliance for the resident.
2) Nutrition and Wound Care
Would you like to know more about how nutrition can aid in the prevention and treatment of wounds? If so, this hot topic seminar is for you.
This NAQ Nutrition seminar outlines the key role nutrition plays in the management and progression of wounds. Participants will leave with:
- a broad knowledge and skill base in the nutritional risk factors that impact on wound healing
- practical nutrition strategies in the prevention and treatment of poor skin integrity.
This seminar would benefit both nursing and care staff.
Haven’t found what you are looking for?
We can create a workshop to meet the interests and needs of your center.
Contact us to discuss your ideas.