GOLD cooking workshops
NAQ Nutrition hosts cooking workshops on behalf of the Brisbane City Council GOLD Program.
These are held at Mt Cootha Botanical Gardens – Kitchen in the Garden facility (no longer Bowen Hills).
About the workshops:
- The workshops are open to Brisbane City Council residents who are over 50.
- Our workshops are hands on sessions where participants become the chefs to create healthy and tasty fair in small groups.
- Booking are essential. ALL BOOKINGS ARE NOW TAKEN ONLINE.
- Participants are limited to 2 cooking workshops per year to allow for equal participation in the Brisbane City Council GOLD Program.
- All participants must wear closed in shoes.
- Please call the NAQ Nutrition office if you have any questions about the activities 07 3257 4393.
- You will receive a confirmation phone call in the week of the class to confirm your place.
If a workshop is full, you can join the waiting list by emailing [email protected] with the following details:
- Full name
- Contact phone number
- The workshop you are interested in attending
Friday, 23rd March 2018. 10am – 11:30am
Autumn is a time for fresh delicious produce, including pears, mushrooms, fennel and peas. Join us to try some new recipes to add to your Autumn cooking repertoire.
$5 per person
Bookings open on the 2nd March, 2018.
Wednesday, 18th April 2018. 10am – 11:30am
The Mediterranean diet is full of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, olive oil and fish. In this workshop we explore the health benefits of Mediterranean eating and sample tasty dishes for you to try at home.
$5 per person
Bookings open on the 14th March.