Gain the knowledge, practical skills and confidence to implement the Get Up & Grow healthy eating and physical activity guidelines in your setting.
LEAPS is a professional development program specifically designed for early childhood educators.
Participants who successfully complete this course should be able to:
- Integrate Get Up & Grow messages into daily activities at their setting.
- Effectively convey Get Up & Grow messages to families/carers to implement in their daily lives to promote healthy growth and weight of Queensland children.
The LEAPS online course explores the Get up and Grow Guidelines. Content includes:
- How the Get up and Grow Guidelines fit in with the EYLF and NQS
- Infant feeding
- Healthy eating for 0-5 years
- Positive meal times
- Communicating with families
- Food safety
- Physical activity
To register for online LEAPS training, click on the register button below.
The LEAPS Professional Development Program was a partnership between The Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Nutrition Australia Qld, and the Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation (ACHPER Qld). The project was funded by the Queensland Government.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have not received your certificate 24 hours after completing the course please contact us at [email protected]