Food Safety Supervisor Course for Aged Care Settings
We offer face to face food safety supervisor courses. Our courses include industry specific content and are designed with the needs of our students in mind.
Our Food Safety Supervisor course:
- Meets the requirements of Nationally Recognised Training
- Prepares Food Safety Supervisors to supervise and oversee day to day
- operations and to prevent and recognise food safety hazards
- Specifically designed for those working with vulnerable populations
We provide opportunities for students to complete the course and all assessment in one day at face-to-face training, with no take home assignments.
Participants who successfully complete this course should be able to:
- Implement safe food handling practices in their aged care setting.
- Identify potential food safety hazards at their aged care setting.
- Manage strategies to prevent, control and eliminate food safety hazards.
- Monitor food safety practices.
Upon completion, students achieve a Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency:
- HLTFSE001: Follow basic food safety practices
- HLTFSE007: Oversee the day to day implementation of food safety in the workplace
- HLTFSE005: Apply and monitor food safety requirements
For more information about recognition as a Food Safety Supervisor in New South Wales, please review the information available on the NSW Food Authority website – http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/rp/fss-food-safety-supervisors.